Bose Wave Radio Option

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

Trisha

Post by Trisha »

I've heard great thinks about Klipsch. I'm sure there are many products that are excellent. I just know that I didn't have the bandwidth (or want to spend it there) for this particular thing.

I do think, however, Bose is good for *small* areas. I doubt I'd settle on Bose for a large room. So far, that's not an issue.

There's no such thing, I believe, as a system that is perfect in every situation. I think it really depends on each application. Just like there's a right tool (or selection of tools) for each job.

Definitely don't want to start a flame war here...and I know there are other excellent systems, some far better for specific applications than Bose.

My .02 worth.
SurryBob

hiding sound system wiring in BF

Post by SurryBob »

Can anyone share some insight into successes with hiding sound system wiring in their BF. I have a 2007 26RB and the glued ceiling carpet concerns me when it comes to removing or loosening to hide wiring from one side of the coach to the other. My plan is to install ceiling and cabinet spkrs and terminate at the TV by the door and add a new stereo on the shelf below the TV.
Any insights would be appreciated. :?
Steve

Post by Steve »

Bob, I have pulled a number of wires across the ceiling. I use a 6' length of fiberglass rod 1/4" dia. (purchased from electrical dept of Home Depot) and found you can push/pull wire along the ceiling where it curves, there is a small amount of space in the curve near the ceiling(the ceiling material is tacked to hardboard and there is room behind the hardboard for wiring). You can remove the covers from the roll bars to cross from one side to the other. There are 4 screws to remove, the ones you can see easily (2) and two more slightly under the roll bar cover material, just feel around for them.
Steve
SteveS

Post by SteveS »

The Bose Wave is a pretty dated system. It still has a CD player (!) and the wireless streaming in a clunky optional unit. The sound is great, but Bose just has not kept up with the times.

Steve

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”