New Owner and New Member

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

SteveR

New Owner and New Member

Post by SteveR »

Our status as "quests" and "shoppers" is over! We bought a new 2006 BornFree President RQ and will take possession at the factory on Monday. We have also sent in our membership request (checks in the mail) to be a Leap'n Lion Club member. We are already planning to go on the Paso Robles and Nashville Rallies next year and are looking forward to meeting you all at these and other functions over the coming months and years.

We are both new to RVing and will be pretty green for a while but are anxious to get on the road and RVing with you fine folks. We have already had a wonderful experience with a couple of member who have helped us in our search for the perfect coach for us. (Special thanks to Len and Jon) If all members are as open, honest, caring and willing to share their time and their motorhomes with us then we are truly blessed to have you all are future friends.

Hope to see you soon.

Steve and Donna
KTnLen

Post by KTnLen »

Congrats, you two! We are glad you decided to go with Born Free, and to join the club. Hope your trip to the factory goes well, and that you enjoy the experience of taking delivery as we have (twice now!).

Tomorrow, we depart for the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta and look forward to meeting up with a few dozen other owners for the rest of the week.

You know where we are if you are through Colorado Springs, and our home contact information is listed on the Sleap'n Lions tab on the home page. Mary Findlay will send you the access procedure, and will explain that Dodgen picks up your first year of membership, so now you can apply your sent membership fees to the second year.

Happy Motoring, from Len & Cathleen.
jobrien

Post by jobrien »

Steve and Donna;

Welcome. We are also new Born Free owners, having picked up our 26RSB last month.

This is our 5th motorhome, so we have been around the block a few times.

Good luck with your new purchase.

John and Maureen
robert

Post by robert »

Bornfree used to furnish a new membership with the purchase of a new Bornfree.

You might get your money back or you might be paid up for two years.
whemme

NEW CLUB MEMBERSHIP

Post by whemme »

Steve and Donna,

Congratulations on the purchase of your new Born Free motorcoach. The Born Free factory will automatically paid for your first year's membership in our Born Free Leap'n Lions RV Club. You should receive notification of that membership sometime in the future from our club secretary Mary Findlay.

If you, as Robert above noted, have already sent in a check to Mary for a year's membership, Mary will mark you down as paying for a total of two years then.

I am one of the three club website administrators (bfadmin-2) and if you have any questions about using and/or navigating our website, I will be happy to try and answer any questions that you might have.
Bill Hemme - Spencer, Iowa
E-mail: whemme@earthlink.net
2002 Born Free (Ford E-450 V10) 26' RSB
2016 VW Golf GTI - toad
John S.

Me too

Post by John S. »

We are receiving our BFT on monday too but they are delivering it to VA. Way too cold up there in Humbolt. The inlaws live 90 miles away and it is freezing tonight. Congrats on your new Bornfree an dmay we both have great motorhomes.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Thanks for the warm welcome and club info. The factory might not be picking up my dues since the unit was a demonstator and while never titled outside of the company, it was not built for me....only modified a bit as we speak. It is considered as a new unit for warranty purposes but I have no idea about the club membership or anything else that would normally come with a NEW unit other than the hoses. I guess we will find out on Monday.
AZBORNFREE

32 ft President

Post by AZBORNFREE »

Just returned from Humboldt, IA visiting relatives. Own a 2005 26RSB and looked at and drove a 32 President. Nice Rig!!! They are now offering a full-body paint job and this makes it look like a Dyna-Max. Nice colors (Tan, Bronze and Black) and a nice option for those who want it.
John S.

Post by John S. »

I personally like the half pain option more than the full paint. It seems that the colors make the 22 foot BFT look smaller. I would think on the 32 foot it would look better but the smaller units are too short fo rhte swoops to look long and give the impression of distance. They are just lines and graphics and busy.
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

Yes, just because it's not a built-for-you unit, if it is new for warranty, you're a leap-n lions member. I don't know for sure, but I dn't remember them ever specifying you'd have to buy new to have your membership paid. It sounded like a universal 'buy a born free from us and we pay your first year' thing.

Do us a favor, ask what the limitations of this offer are and post it here for us!

Thanks

Patricia
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

We picked it up today and are sitting in our first RV in our first campground and enjoying a nice evening of celebration and relaxation after a long day with very little sleep due to a very late arrival of our flight.

We arrived at 9 am and met with Kim for our pre-delivery tour and inspection. All went well and the few minor flaws were quickly addressed. We were impressed with the whole staff and left "happy campers" for our first drive with the 32 footer.....through some nasty construction areas, narrow roads, high cross winds, rain, fog and stupid drivers. It was quite an education and I now feel more at ease driving the RV. We made it 250 miles in our first day with a scheduled 430 tomorrow and the next day.

As for the Leaping Lions Membership..........the factory said they would pay for the first year and would send in the names of new owners to the club. They indicated it was for any BornFree bought from the factory....new or previously owned.

We are tired but very happy and have been busy putting all our stuff in to the various stowage locations. Life is good!
Trisha

Post by Trisha »

Welcome to the club and the family!

Trish
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

We are stuck in Cheyenne, WY in a snow storm with windchills of 6 degrees. The BF is a sheet of ice and we have no choice but to ride out the storm in a KOA and hope for the best. We did manage to get a couple of gallons of RV Antifreeze and I have put it in the grey and black tanks with hopes of keeping them from freezing if we can. I disconnected the outside shower spray head and drained the lines by taking out the kitchen drawers, shutting off the hot and cold valves and draining the lines. We have all the cabinets open and have put antifreeze in the drain traps. We hope tomorrow brings us no major damage and clear roads to get home.
KTnLen

Post by KTnLen »

Steve and Donna: Posted at 1325h 18 October 2006.

Sorry you are having such a struggle taking your new baby home. We had 40+ mph winds and driving rain in Kansas when we returned from Humboldt a month ago. Proves the stablility of the rigs, but no fun, I know.

Sounds like you've done everything you can to adapt to the situation. Should you keep the propane water heater going if there is no water cycling? Not sure about that. Perhaps one of our more experienced members will comment.

For road conditions, the Wyoming Dept of Transportation contact info is:

WYDOT Road Report available by dialing 511 in most Wyoming locations.
Otherwise, please dial: (888) 996-7623 -- (888) WYO-ROAD.

Good luck with the rest of your journey. The snow is evaporating quickly here in central Colorado now.
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

welcome to the club -- looking forward to meeting you in Paso Robles in April -- look for the finalized application for the rally in about a month -- Bob Newby

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”