fuel shut-off valve

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

robert newby

fuel shut-off valve

Post by robert newby »

I had a fuel problem with my Born Free and working with my son and Ford we determined that there is an emergency shut off valve in the fuel line on our Born Free's -- mine was activated by the extreamly bad pot holes on I-5 in California -- if your engine turns over and won't start I suggest you check this valve and push the reset buttom -- the valve is hidden behind the side pannel down by the passangers feet -- the pannel can be removed and you will see the valve - on top is the re-set button which you can push down to re-set --my engine started immediately after the button was re-set -- Ford told me that this has happened in California before because of the pot holes in the freeways --
bill crommett

Valve

Post by bill crommett »

Good to know ! Thanks. California isn't the only state that has major pot hole, but not neccessarily on I 5.

Another secret kill switch is the blown fuse in the turnsignal line which will make an engine refuse to start. I am not sure this is a Ford glitch or not.
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

Hi Sam -- I have a diesel but I belive it is on both the gas and diesel chassis
leroy1937

Post by leroy1937 »

What year are we talking about
mine is 1985 and I don't think I have one
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

Leroy -- I belive you are right -- my first Born Free was a 1985 and I don't think it had one -- I don't know when they started to put one in -- mine is a 2004 and I belive they had them several years ahead of that -- it is a safety thing and in the 1980's they were not as concerned about that type of safetr as they have been in the last several years --
robert newby

Post by robert newby »

Hi Sam & Leroy -- I just talked to a friend who was with Ford and he said that if you have an electric fuel pump you should have the fuel shut-off switch -- he thought that the diesel went to an electric fuel pump arround 1999 -- the gas rigs were earlier -- the pannel on my coach is too the right of the passangers feet behind the side pannel -- some coaches may have a small hole etc. which will give you access -- mine doesn't have this -- I had to remove the pannel to gain access -- Bob

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”