!!! SAVE THE DATE !!!
Dates: September 17-21, 2023
Location: State Fair of WV Campground in Lewisburg, West Virginia
Hosts: Nick & Dee Dee McClain, Jerry & Mary Breu, and Eric & Sue Sandstrom
You will not want to miss the 2023 National Rally in Lewisburg, West Virginia. Lewisburg has been voted the coolest small town in America and is nestled amid the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains. It may be described as picturesque, vibrant, artsy, historic, and friendly. This surprisingly cosmopolitan town of 4,000 people also boasts of being named one of the "100 Best Small Arts Towns in America". There is always something going on in this active community. Whether you want to immerse yourself in the local scene at a concert, play, or festival, or just poke around the antique stores, boutiques, museums, and other unique places, you will find the town charming and the locals welcoming.
Lewisburg is home to many restaurants, cafes, and pubs; 8 performing arts/live music venues, numerous historic attractions/museums, countless outdoor recreation opportunities, and 2 scenic byways. They include one of the 4 remaining Carnegie Hall performing arts centers still in continuous use in the world, Greenbrier Valley Theater, Lewis Theater, Greenbrier Historical Society & North House Museum, Old Stone Church, Dick Pointer Memorial, and much more. Additionally, close by is the stately 163-year-old Greenbrier Hotel (known as America’s Resort) with its exquisitely cared-for floral gardens and its massive Bunker that was meant to serve as an emergency shelter for the US Congress during the Cold War. There are also trails to hike and bike, caves to explore, and the Greenbrier River on which to canoe or kayak. Yes, there is much to do around Lewisburg.
At this time the following activities are being planned:
- Guided Bus Tour of the area including:
- A tour of the Bunker at the beautifully landscaped Greenbrier Hotel (including time to browse its many shops)
- Lunch at the Lewisburg Elks Club (home of the 2016 Ladies Senior WV Amateur Championship)
- An afternoon performance at Carnegie Hall (plus a tour of the Hall)
- A walk through the Lewisburg Historic district (where Civil War armies clashed)
- A day on your own to visit some of the many theaters, museums, historic places, antique shops, or participate in one of the many outdoor activities found in the area.
- Board of Directors Biennial Meeting
- Club Members Biennial Business Meeting
- Wine & Cheese Social with appetizers
- 5 catered meals
- Pizza Party (catered)
- Biennial Banquet (catered) with entertainment
- Technical Seminar
- Ladies Afternoon Tea (catered) with entertainment
- Benefit Raffle
- Door Prizes
- Campfire and more