tire balancing with Dyna Beads

Post your general and technical information, questions or responses in this forum. Viewing messages is open to all with no registration or log-in required. Prior to posting a new message or a response to an existing message, registration or login is required. Please do not post FOR SALE or WANTED ads in this section!

Moderator: bfadmin

hrgermany

tire balancing with Dyna Beads

Post by hrgermany »

Has any body balanced their tires using the ceramic Dyna Beads ?

Hans Rueckert
1995 26 FT BF RSB
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

Yes and they are awesome. We did it with our first BF in 2000. We didn't do it with our 2005 but didn't feel we needed them since it road so well. We just bought all new tires and were getting frustrated with the ride of them and just last week had them take off all the weights and did the gel packs....better than new, the ride is super smooth.
2005 26' RSB Casual Elegance
jasper2222

used on truck

Post by jasper2222 »

I used them on my Truck 2500 series and they work great. Put them on old tires on born free. Just used them on the front and they worked great there also. have not put them on new tires as tires are riding good.
Brent

Post by Brent »

Is this the substance that distributes itself inside the tire and then hardens in place?
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit
Nancy

Post by Nancy »

Brent wrote:Is this the substance that distributes itself inside the tire and then hardens in place?
Yes, the packets heat up, break apart and find the unbalanced spots. They are AWESOME.
2005 26' RSB Casual Elegance
Brent

Post by Brent »

Camping World in Tampa installed a set of tires for me and used this powder to balance the tires. The tires balanced well with no problems but I noticed that all six tires would leak air through the valves when I would air or check the air.

A tire service center said the valve stems installed weren't correct in that they didn't have a filter that kept the granules out of the valves, which prevented them from closing. They replaced the value stems and that seemed to solve the problems.

Just FYI in case anyone else has a similar problem.
Bornfree (1999 Rear Kitchen)
Traveling with Chester (The Boxer) - at least in spirit
SteveS

Post by SteveS »

I had them installed and I am 100% satisfied with them. I got my tires at Discount Tire a few years ago. They installed the beads about 9 months after I purchased the tires at no charge.

Steve

Return to “General and Technical Information, Questions, and Responses”